12.19.2011

Hibiscus Hassle

Well it's the day after wash day aka the dreaded day one.  It's also the first day after rinsing my random hibiscus mix out of my hair.  
And...
I don't think I'll be doing it again.  I figured leaving it in overnight would have left some sort of color deposit on my greys. Nope.  Plus rinsing it out was the biggest pain in the ass.  Because it's so grainy and my hair is so kinky-coily all it did was get stuck.  I was able to get rid of most of it when I detangled my hair but that was a much longer process than it typically is.  
2 fails equals a NO in my book.

I did have the bright idea to boil it as a tea and strain all the particles out so if/when my inner mixtress wants to come out, I'll try it that way.
I would've taken some pics today but I despise day 1 hair so we'll just start with day 2 tomorrow. 

A lot of people say that natural hair is too involved and there's so much that goes into it.  And while that can be true, I've found my hair always looks/acts better when I keep it simple.  Because of that I'll be backing off the ayurvedic treatments and just sticking to conditioners, moisturizers and oils.
I have a couple products I need to review so be on the look out for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment