12.17.2011

Time for some action

It's been a while since I've really done anything to my hair.  Since mid-November I kept it away from the cold (or what I thought was cold, so far the weather here in NY has been pretty decent) by doing some kinky twists. Fast forward to last Saturday when I took them out and finally got to see my hair again.  As much as I love the convenience of the twists, I take better care of my hair when it's out.  

Wash day has come around again and I got kinda antsy.  All I wanted to do was play mixtress.  I remembered that I have about 2 lbs of hibiscus powder that I haven't used to why not test it out and see how I like it.  Aside from me hoping to gain a red tint to my hair through regular use, hibiscus powder is said to promote hair growth, reduce shedding while adding shine and softness.  Anything that claims to do those, I gotta try.  

Right now I have a container of about 5 heaping teaspoons of hibiscus powder, a teaspoon of JBCO and about a cup or so of conditioner (part Yes To Cucumbers, part Tressemme Naturals)


It's kinda making me want some red velvet cake but that's besides the point.

I plan on throwing it on my hair right before I head to sleep and seeing how it turns out in the AM.
Wish me luck.

1 comment: