3.24.2012

March Curlbox

I'm a lil late with it but that's partially because I've only tried two of the products I've been sent. This month's box consisted of:

  • Curl Care by Dr. Miracle (shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in)
  • Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining Pudding
  • Brown Butter Beauty Sweet Milk Leave In Conditioner
  • Ultra Sheen Supreme Supreme Super Smooth & Hold Flat Iron Protection Spray
  • Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner
  • Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Activator Moisturizer 
  • Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Pudding
  • Curls Curl Gel-les’c
  • Mahogany Roots Olive & Avocado Hair Butter
  • Shea Moisture Organic Lavender & Wild Orchid Shea Butter Soap



Out of all those I've tried the Mahogany Roots Olive and Avocado Butter and the Brown Butter Beauty Sweet Milk Leave-In.  Both of which I am pleased with.

Let's talk Olive and Avocado Butter first.  I had been looking for a product like this for the longest.  The name is a little misleading though.  When I think butter I think oils and shea butter kinda like my Karen's Body Beautiful Butter Love.  It is not that.  It's creamy and thick, more like a creme moisturizer.  I used it while twisting my hair and it led to an amazing twistout with a flexible hold, all without weighing my hair down.  It's made of all natural products which I'm not a stickler for, although it is nice to know.  Even after using the product consistently to retwist on dry hair, my hair didn't feel buildup-y (best word i could use to explain it, sorry)  A lil seems to go a long way because i still have enough to last me maybe another 2 wks with the sample I was sent.  My biggest issues are the scent and the price.  It's not the most pleasant but it doesn't linger so I can't hate on it too much.  Now the price... $22.50 for 8oz. Seriously?! Seriously?!  Everytime I head to the site to online window shop (Can't but anything beauty/hair related til after Easter) I debate whether I'm gonna spend the money on it.  I try to justify it because I'm sure it will last me a long time but 8 oz! If it were 16, I would be good and I would have it in my shopping cart immeditely. I'll let you know if I make the purchase.

My thoughts on the Sweet Milk leave-in are a lot simpler. It's cool. I like it.  It's not a must have.  It's equal to my Kinky-Curly Knot Today.  Since I can find my KCKT in a variety of stores versus the Sweet Milk which is only online, I'll probably stick with the Knot Today.  The price is around $12 for a full size bottle which makes it comparable in price.  Once my sample is done, that's it. No great loss.

Now this was my first experience with Curlbox and I'm gonna be honest; I expected more.  Maybe April's box will be better.  If I'm not impressed with next month's I'll be cancelling my monthly subscription.
Next review, I'll tackle the Birchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment