2.25.2010

Product Review: Herbal Essences’ Herbal Hydration (HEHH)

The back of the bottle says: “let me soak it to you. with a fusion of orchid & coconut milk. i'm deliciously hydrating. give your hair a drink. i say you can never get too much of a good thing. so say hello to a deep dousing of lush hydration with my rich formula fused with orchids & coconut milk. drink up and replenish your hair's much needed moisture. it's time to be reunited with manageable, silky, smooth hair.”

Again, one of those products that is a HG (Holy Grail) item for many natural girls. I read so much about slip and how moisturizing it is so it sparked my interest. I also like to try products that are widely available. I would like to be able to go to Target and be able to pick it up. I'm OBSESSED with Target. Since it’s my second home and it was on sale (I am a recessionista, of course) I decided to pick up a bottle. I tried it out a few times as a co-wash and to be honest, ehhh I’ve used better. Plus HE Long Term Relationship leave-in was so good to me. Because of all the hype I wanted it to work so I tried it again and again- still ehhh. Now I am not one to throw money away so I tossed the bottle into my little product drawer (I’m happy all the stuff I buy has managed to stay in one drawer and not take more over.) The twist take-out is approaching which means I’m in need of a good great deep conditioning. Here’s where this half empty bottle of HEHH comes in. Lots of girls have turned an “Ehhh” conditioner into an amazing one by adding some oils, honey, egg, mayo, yogurt, baking soda even. I’m waiting til I BC before I try the baking soda & conditioner method. I decided to grab some olive oil and honey out of the kitchen and mix it, no exact measurement. Cross your fingers.

As a co-wash: 2/5

As a deep conditioner: ???

 

No comments:

Post a Comment