3.09.2010

Just not that bold yet

I’m weak… The twists are back. In a previous post, I debated going for the BC this week especially since the twists were coming out. Well I washed my hair and learned two things from the process:

1. That HEHH concoction (HE Hello Hydration, olive oil, & honey) I threw together… AMAZING! Soft & manageable, couldn’t keep my fingers out of my hair. For now, I’ve found a new deep conditioner until the PJ in me sees something else on the shelves. I’m on shopping time-out til May so I’m really not allowed to buy anything unless it’s a necessity. Trust, I have enough clothes, shoes & hair products to last until then.

So as a Co-wash: 4/5… it’s cheap and works wonders, there’s not much more that I could ask for

2. Shrinkage is a beast! I dunno how else to say it really… To see my hair stretched is awesome. It’s nice to see how much it’s grown out since I started my transition but without stretching it looks like I’m maybe 3 months post relaxer. I’m not brave enough to sport a TWA (Teeny Weeny Afro) so my styles are probably gonna be twist(out)s/braid(out)s until the length of my shrinkage is something I can live with. It was too short for me to be comfortable with, so I’m back to my May countdown.

Here’s a pic of it stretched, I forgot to take one right after washing so you can see the difference but it’s approx a third of the length.


No comments:

Post a Comment