11.08.2010

It's Not You... Oh Wait It Is You

I just had to break up with something near and dear to me: my imitation Denman.  I don't know what it is but lately it's been so abusive.  It pulls and tugs and rips my hair out.  I almost didn't want to believe something that was once so good to me could treat me this way.  I would sit and wonder if it was something I had done.  Was my hair too dry? Did I not start from the ends and work my way up? Nope.  I noticed little seams in the brush which is most likely the culprit.  So I decided he and I need to go our separate ways.  Now it won't be easy because I always reflect on the good times we had.  The smooth twist-outs and detangled hair.  It'll take some time but I'll find something else that's right for my detangling needs.  Actually I'm a little interested in something else as I write this... a paddle brush.  I heard about him from KurlyBella's post on KisforKinky and I think it's time we meet.  I'm clearing out a little room in my product drawer so I can arrange a date for he and I.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Curlock Holmes11/9/10, 1:05 AM

    i'm interested in how the paddle brush differs from a Denman.. I see those closely spaced bristles and I can't help but think they would act EXACTLY the same... my Denman gave me so many split ends, I had to let that sucker go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a fake denman too... I've noticed the seams and have tried avoiding it. I'm too cheap to dish out for the real denman... so i was thinking of trying a small tooth comb for (already detangled...) twists when smoothing. I saw rustic beauty (on youtube) use one in her hair... and saw the technique.. plus we have the same hair type.

    I wont be trying this for a while (still about the protective styling) but I'll let you know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete