5.19.2010

In My 2 Weeks as a Natural...

- As you know I put the kinky twists back in my hair for another couple of months while I try to grow my hair another inch so I can be comfortable with that scab hair that I need to cut.  Now I can be a little lazy after hours of twisting so sometimes they’re looser than I would like.  I found one that I wanted to do over so after I pulled it out; I reached over, grabbed my shears and cut the scab hair off.  Then I ran some 100% aloe vera gel from Trader Joe’s through my hair and… CURLS! Tight 4a/b curls! OMG!  The dry, rough ends restricted my hair from curling up. It’s not so much about the curling it felt healthy and moisturized.  I took care of my hair for a year and was annoyed that it seemed so dry when I know that shouldn’t have been the case.  Now that got me thinking, maybe I don’t need a stylist; I can do this by myself if I take the time and have patience.  I was so quick to get frustrated; I didn’t give my hair a chance before I twisted it again.  I mean it doesn’t hurt to have this protective style at all but I’m thinking it may only last until June rather than July.

- Another thing I’ve learned is that my hair works better damp rather than wet.  Doing twists/braids on damp hair stretches my hair more.  Less shrinkage is a plus in my book.  Having my hair stretched reduces the amount of tangling, knots and split ends.  Healthy hair= a happy me!

No comments:

Post a Comment