5.21.2010

Scrub-a-dub

Summer's coming!! Well at least, it's supposed to be.  I don't think New York got the memo but while I wait for it to warm up here, I've been prepping my skin to get it warm-weather ready.  And that means, EXFOLIATING.  It's supposed to be done year-round but in the winter, I could care less.  No one's gonna see anything anyway since I've got 4 layers of clothing on.  During the nice weather though, I swear by body scrubs.  I've tried a few and cannot find anything that compares to Bath and Body Works' True Blue Spa: There's the Rub. It's the first one I ever tried and I keep coming back to it.   Love it. Love it. Love it!  It's not super oily which is a plus for me because I use it before shaving, makes my legs nice and super smooth.  Other scrubs that I've tried contain oils that clog my razor and lead to me cutting my legs. I'm not too crazy about sugar scrubs because the sugar crystals seem to melt too quickly because of the heat and friction.  So you may be wondering why I keep trying different scrubs if There's the Rub worked so well.  My answer: the price bothers me.  It's $24 and this is the one product that never seems to go on sale.  Now to be fair, a little goes a long way and like I said before, it works, so I suck it up and shell out the money.  But to be honest it really shouldn't cost anymore than $15, tops.

During my whole journey to natural hair I've started making my own concoctions and using more oils and other natural products to replace some of the products I used to use. Partially because I'm cheap, and partially because I'm curious. For example, I no longer use a facial moisturizer.  After washing my face I immediately slather my face in coconut oil and then pat off the excess.  Moisturizer left my face feeling oily nnd greasy but coconut oil leaves it balanced and moisturized.  Complete flip-flop. As I go along, I'll fill you in on my other homemade/natural products.  Back to what I was saying...  I'm thinking about making my own but I'm a lil lazy so until then I'll continue buying.

Happy Scrubbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment