4.12.2010

Quick Update

I'm in dire need of removing these twists and putting some new ones in but I've been lazy and haven't had the time lately.  I did manage to take two out in the back (PROGRESS!) That back portion of my hair is completely natural so I decided to try a mini twist out., just to see what I might have to work with.  I wanna perfect my formula before I BC so I can rock a fierce twist-out afterwards.  If you're natural I'm sure you know by now that select Target stores have started selling popular natural hair care products (if they don't have it at yours, you can buy online) I picked up a bottle of SheaMoisture Coconut Hibicus Style Milk for starters. I adore the smell but who knows how well it works.  I'm testing it tonite.  I put a little on my hair, sealed with my Safi Hair Butter (read the review here) and twisted with pure aloe vera gel.  I'm gonna undo them either tomm or Wed and make a judgment call then. Wish me luck because I'm tired of spending money on all these products.

 

**UPDATE** (to my update, lol)

Well, I left my experimental twists in for two days.  Boredom got the best of me so I decided to see how it turned out.  The verdict is... I love it. I kinda wish my whole head was done but one more month to go.  I want to go back to Target and pick up some more products from the line like the Coconut and Hibicus Souffle because I think my 4b hair might want something a little bit heavier but for now I'm satistfied.

Apparently I'm not the only one.  While doing my daily blog search I came across UrbanCurlz' review "Shea Moisture Gets 4 Stars"

No comments:

Post a Comment