2.15.2011

Milk from the Cereal Bowl

Out of boredom, I decided to throw together a few things in my kitchen and see how it turned out in my hair.

I grabbed a

can of coconut milk,

some honey,

grapeseed oil

and coconut oil.

I mixed about a tablespoon of the honey and oils with about a half a can of the coconut milk (you may need more or less depending on hair length) dumped it over my hair in the sink, covered with a 2 plastic caps and sat under my hooded dryer for about 20 mins.

Let me warn you guys that it's messy and drippy.  I may try it with coconut cream for some thickness but it really doesn't bother me that much.

I really liked it partially because it smelled like cereal (yum, thus the post title) and it didn't dry out my hair.  I rinsed it out and co-washed afterwards and my hair felt so good.  Not hard or crunchy as I expected because it is a protein and i had a bad experience with a protein leave-in.  This isn't something I would do every week but it seems like a nice substitute for henna.

No comments:

Post a Comment