2.24.2011

Product Review: Sof N Free Milk Protein & Olive Oil Daily Growth Lotion

Gotta admit I was very hesitant to use this.  Typically when I get new products I rush to try them ASAP but this I picked up and put down over and over again. Finally I decided, why not? If I hate it I can wash it out.  Let me just say that I've been looking for easily accessible products that I can rely on and this ladies is one of them.  I don't have to worry about ordering online or having to go to specific stores to find it.  I see it at BSS and drugstores all over my neighborhood which makes me like it even more.

I have to explain my initial hesitation to it.  One word: PROTEIN.  Early on I had tried a protein leave-in just to make sure I had the right  balance of moisture/protein because it's essential for healthy hair.  Too much of either isn't good and trust I was  all about the moisture.  That leave-in was an utter #FAIL.  My hair was hard, dull, and just mad at me.  Since then I stayed far away from anything that had protein written on the bottle.  I even doubted using henna because I heard too many horror stories about brittle straw-like hair.  I love experimenting with different things, I gradually introduced my hair to protein by doing the henna gloss (henna & conditioner.)  My hair has been responding well to henna so I decided to throw another protein product in the mix because henna is a time-consuming process and I wanted another alternative.

Best decision ever.  The brand name does not lie. SOFnFREE.  My hair feels amazing and it MOVES.  Wait let me say that again... it MOVES.  As successful as I thought I was with my hair, it didn't really blow in the wind or have any bounce to it.  But now, even when my hair is braided up, I shake my head and feel the braids hit me in the face.  I love every minute of it.  It's creamy but lightweight which is great because I don't need the buildup. Because I have so much hair on my head I thought I needed something super thick to ensure moisture and softness, not the case.  This does the job without weighing my hair down.  I've learned that I can use the thick stuff immediately after washing but if I use it any day after my hair looks white and ashy.  Even if your hair is relaxed, this would probably be a great moisturizer to use regularly without giving that "weighed down by product greasy, stringy" look

Using it is super simple, I run some through my hair before I hop in the shower, let the steam work with it for a little like the Steam & Style post shows then play around styling my hair after I get dressed, rub some KBB Butter Love afterwards then head out.  I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and since I'm so impressed I plan to incorporate the rest of their products and see whether or not "she" likes them.

I won this product in a giveaway and have no obligation to give a positive review of the product.  This is my honest opinion.

My Verdict: 5/5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment