10.25.2010

Big Hair, Don't Care

It's done! After co-washing with Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner, I banded my hair for a little bit, whipped the blow dryer out of my closet, and wiped off all the dust it had been accumulating; it had been a looong time since I used it.  I blew my hair out in sections on med heat and on the low setting. I moisturized with Design Essentials Hydrating Leave-in, then applied Got2b Flat Iron & Blow Dry Lotion.  I chose that as my heat protectant because I was at a Walgreens at 3am looking for a birthday card for my mom and came across it while trying to find the card aisle.   The bottom of the bottle says $ course hair so that's most likely what won me over.  From what I hear heat protectants tend to feel like there's a coating on your hair and this is exactly what it feels like.  Of course I'll buy more one day so I can compare and contrast.

I think what suprised me the most was that I didn't break the attachment comb, lol.  Although there was a close call when I got to the center of my head (I'm assuming that's the crown, correct me if I'm wrong)  That's always been my troublesome spot and this was no different.  This section of my hair is easily type 4c-z.  If you don't know too much about hair typing* click here.  The stupid comb kept coming off the dryer and getting stuck in that section :(

After that whole ordeal I went from looking like this:

to this:

Keep in mind, I did not want my hair straight, I just wanted it stretched.  My goal was to get a bigger twistout that wouldn't shrink up the way it typically does.  So I twisted my hair with the help of Shea Moisture DT Masque, a little ORS Twist and Loc Gel and sealed my ends with Vatika oil.  I've only been using Vatika for a few days so the review is coming.

*I wanna get more into hair typing because some people either believe in it or think it's an obsolete system that shouldn't be used and segregates people.  I think it's helpful but more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment