10.21.2010

Hair; Meet Heat

There's no rain in the forecast this weekend out here in NY.  So I've decided to blow my hair out.  Now I spent a long time growing my relaxer out and I've haven't used heat (aside from sitting under a dryer to DC) since maybe August/September of 2009.  Let's just say I'm terrified.  I mean, I won't be blowing it out so that it's straight I just wanna stretch my hair out a lil and get a bigger/longer twist out than usual.  I have my heat protectant so hopefully there won't be any damage but still.  I've been wanting to do this for maybe a month now and I decided I'm gonna bite the bullet and give it a try before I twist my hair up.  I'm gonna try and get a good trim in too.  I know my hair's gonna be uneven but I'm gonna leave that up to a stylist whenever I choose to straighten my hair.  And that isn't for another 7 months at least.  I want to wait til I hit the 1 year mark of my nappiversary.  Okay, I'm getting sidetracked.  The plan is to wash, set and blow-dry my hair tomorrow and then taking pics of the result on Saturday.

 

1 comment: