9.12.2010

My New Addiction

I'm a traitor.

I've abandoned my go-to hairstyle for another.

Two strand twists have treated me well since I BC'ed but it was time to explore other options.  My new love... BANDING.  Banding is a method of stretching out you hair.  You take sections of hair and wrap hair elastics down the length of the hair which prevents shrinkage. You remove the bands and voila, instant length.  Super simple, right? I've noticed that I can see individuals coils a lot more with banding which is fun.    Now when using hair bands I don't wrap them around so tight that my hair can barely move because then it starts to straighten my hair.  Whenever I do finally decide to straighten my hair, I'll probably use this to stretch my hair and much as possible and then blow out/flat iron from there.  Although I know my hair is growing (I hit the 4 month mark already **insert dancing BBM icon here**) I would love to get as much length out of it as I can WITHOUT heat.  Now I don't get the definition that I would from two-strand twistouts but I love the look of it... just a fluffy fro and occasional coils. I do wonder what it would be like if I banded my twists? Hmm... that's next on my list.  If you've tried it before please let me know how it worked out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment