9.20.2010

Product Review: Suave Rosemary Mint Conditioner

I did it. This past Saturday, I managed to put my HETT to the side so that I could try another conditioner.  I was having a good hair week too.  I didn't want it to end but it was starting to feel a little oily and build-up-y (please excuse that word i just made up but you get what I'm trying to say.)  After my "meh" experiences with the Suave Almond Shea Butter conditioner I felt like this was gonna be the same thing.

This time around, I did a hot oil treatment with a mix of olive, grapeseed and coconut oil.  I wrapped my hair up in a shower cap with a headband around it so that the oil would seep out, and a scarf over it.  I lounged around, watching a couple episodes of "The Game" on BET then headed to rinse this out.  Now the conditioner is not exactly the thickest, in fact it's a little runny which turned me off.  And the smell isn't a strong mint smell which made me kinda sad because I loved the menthol-y scent of Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle but oh well.

I proceeded to cowash my hair and then added an extra squirt of conditioner to each section just before detangling (out of fear.)  I took my wide tooth comb to my hair, cringing as it got closer and then... butter.  The comb slide right through.  Of course I thought it was a fluke so when I got to the roughest section of my hair and I DIDN"T hear a snap, crackle, pop, I smiled.  I like this conditioner.  It's a nice change of pace from HETT. I'll probably alternate between the two.

This conditioner is advertised as the "invigorating" product from the Suave Professionals line while the Almond Shea Butter is "moisturizing."  Now I grabbed the moisturizing one first because I thought that's what I needed the most.  But as I learn my hair and what it likes/dislikes, I realize I need to easy up on the moisturizing products.  HETT is a definitely a moisturizing conditioner and this is my balance.

If your hair doesn't like heavy conditioners because it gets weighted down easily, you should give this a try.  It's cheap ($2.50) so if it doesn't work you won't be mad that about shelling out a bunch of money.

My Verdict: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment