9.23.2010

Tools for Travel

This time next week I'll be headed to Charlotte to meet up with the boyfriend.  I've been natural for almost 5 months and probably been to Charlotte 2 or 3 times within that time period but never with my hair out.  I was going to put kinky twists in before I went but he's persuaded me to wait.  Thing is, I'm freaking out since we're going to a wedding that weekend.  Plus the temperature is still in the high 80-90s out there which means drying sun and some humidity. Grrr. I don't use that many products but I never quite know what I'm gonna need or use.  And I don't really wanna transfer my whole hair arsenal into those travel bottles. The plus is that I have a jar of coconut oil, a denman brush and wide tooth comb down there but I dunno what else I should bring.  I'm thinking about hitting up a Target or BSS store when I get there but I know he's gonna look at me like I'm crazy.  My plan is to wash my hair on the day I fly out, twist it and throw on a beanie to get on the plane.  Maybe I'm thinking about it too much but I wanna make sure I have all bases covered because I refuse to have a bad hair day on the day of the wedding.

What are your key essenitals for travel?  Any tips or suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Curlock Holmes9/23/10, 3:19 PM

    I'd say practice a nice, easy updo that you know won't fail you. It's good because your ends will be protected, humidity won't affect your style (neither will the sun), and then at night you can remoisturize and seal your hair (so 2 products needed, tops)and put it back into big twists at night. Then just put your hair back up the next day. The ONLY updo that I've conquered is the one in my avi, and it's really simple, you just need bobby pins and maybe a nice accessory to play it up.

    ReplyDelete