7.21.2010

Grey (Hair) Matter

My 20-ehm birthday is rapidly approaching which I'm happy about.  That is, until I saw 4 new grey hairs on the right side of my head, in the front.  NO GOOD!  This got me thinking that I might try a henna treatment in the near future.

For anyone that doesn't know, henna is a plant whose dye is used for hair, skin or fabrics among other things.  When used in hair, it strengthens hair, thicken, adds shine, conditions and depending on what you have and your initial hair color, will deposit some color.  There's a whole world when it comes to henna and as I explore some of them I'll get more in depth.  My biggest concern is how dry it will leave my hair.  That's the major complaint I hear.  I have naturally dry hair so I do everything I possibly can to keep it well moisturized and hearing that henna can be drying is what's turned me off.

But the grey must go!

I don't really need the rest of my fro to be colored I just am not ready to see grey hair yet.  My friend has some Lush henna so I'm gonna give that a try soon and Butters-N-Bars is having a sale so I'm gonna pick up some of the powdered henna so I can compare and contrast.

If you wanna read more about henna, check out: CurlyNikki (unofficial queen of henna) or Henna for Hair

No comments:

Post a Comment