7.29.2010

Product Review: Suave Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner

This is the second product I needed to review after my Target visit.  Throughout my transition I heard such good things about Suave conditioners; how well it moisturized and how cheap it was.  Yes and yes!  Especially the cheap part.  I absolutely want something that works but I run through conditioners pretty quickly because I pile it on while co-washing so I don't wanna shell out $15 or more for something that will be finished in 3 weeks. This cost me maybe $2.50.

The first thing I'll comment on is the smell... There barely is one.  Now for the ladies who can't stand a strong smelling product, this is for you.  I had used my Miss Jessie's Super Sweetback so my hair just smells like bubble gum.  I didn't have to deal with 2 competing scents which is good.

Now, how does it work: The consistency is a lot thinner than I would have thought but the slip is meh.  I had no problems detangling my hair except in the dreaded crown area.  After stepping out the shower and continuing to throw in my leave-in, oils, and what not, the fro still felt decent but i couldn't see the definition that I usually see after stepping out of the shower.  Loss of cool points.

It's supposed to be cheaper alternative to Aveda Dry Remedy (which was suggested to be for my dry hair but the price turned me off) but I haven't tried that yet so I don't know how it works in comparison.

I gotta say... I like it, I don't love it, it may not be a staple but it is something I know will work if all else fails.

My verdict: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment