7.19.2010

Please Check This Out

I think this relates beautifully to my mini-rant.  Leila of Black Girl with Long Hair has posted an article discussing the "Slave" comments that can come from ignorance about natural hair.  This article couldn't have come at a better time because a "friend" of mine didn't hesitate to throw out the Celie from The Color Purple reference when she saw me with my hair twisted up.  I have to twist of braid my hair for the look I'm trying to achieve.  I don't twist them neatly. They're big and ugly but they get the job done. I'm sick of people coming at my hair and I've gotten to a  point where I'm gonna put you in your place.  I've been silent for too long.

I just wanted to share this article because it hit so close to home.

Natural Hair Equals Slave Hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment