7.07.2010

Protein/Moisture Balance

Lately the question of moisture & protein has really been bothering me.  Every week before I wash my hair I use a deep conditioning mixture that's supposed to be moisturizing but am I over-doing it? My hair feels soft and the dryness/brittleness that I had initially experienced isn't a problem but should I be using any protein treatments?  Fast forward to me looking up information on the subject and coming across a pretty comprehensive article about Protein/Moisture balance.  It's all about experimentation so I'll be trying until I learn how much protein or moisture the Fro requires.  Currently I'm gonna try using a protein leave-in every other week and see how my hair reacts to that.  My friend has a couple blocks of Lush henna that she's willing to let me try so that will be my next attempt at strengthening my hair.  I finally finished my Hello Hydration DC mix so I'm thinking of what to try next.  Maybe another Shea Moisture product when I run out to Target to buy another bottle of the Moisture Mist.

Here are the links for Protein and Moisture Balance and Over-conditioning

No comments:

Post a Comment