7.27.2010

Product Review: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque

It's that time again... Time to wash my hair.  The weeks are flying by this summer and I don't like it.  Anyway this week I'm reviewing Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque*.  In case you haven't heard, I LOVE Shea Moisture products so I have very high expectations for this.  When I opened the jar, mmm smells like cake batter. It's really thick like a pudding or custard which I like because I don't have to worry about conditioner running down my face.

After sitting under the dryer for 45 minutes and rinsing it out, I have to say I wasn't "wowed."  It was ok.  I mean I think I can add oil and honey to any of my cheapie conditioners and turn it into a better DC than this.  Don't get me wrong.  My hair felt soft but I know it has felt better. I love the the fact that my hair smelled like cake batter for a day or 2 (I think the mosquitoes did too because they had a field day with me) but for $10 a jar I'm not quite sure if it's worth it.  Of course it's not fair for me to write it off like that so I will try it again, but right now I'm more impressed with the Miss Jessie's. Now I also hear it can be used as a leave-in so maybe I'll try it that way and see if that's a better way to use it.

My (tentative) verdict: 3/5

*There are some jars that say SMORSB Restorative Smoothie, I don't know if they're the same and that's just the old name for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment