8.04.2010

Let's Talk: Argan Oil

Argan Oil seems to be the new "it" hair product.  Companies have gone from using olive oil in their products to shea butter and now some are making the shift to argan oil.  But what is it?  Argan oil comes from the argan tree which is native to Morocco.  Aside from cooking, it can be used for skin and hair.  When used for hair, it claims to increase shine, reduce frizz and yield soft, smooth hair.  It seems to be the new "miracle" oil  that can add moisture and body to dry, damaged, lifeless hair.

The most popular product containing argan oil is Moroccanoil which is pretty pricey; I haven't seen it sold for anything less than $30 a bottle.

I did, however, manage to find a cheaper oil treatment that claims to works as well as Moroccanoil at Sally's for only $10. Josie Maran also has an entire line made with argan oil, from hair serums to lip gloss.

Creme of Nature has introduced a new product line that includes the popular oil.

Now I haven't tried any of them myself but of course it's on my list.  It probably won't be the Morrocanoil unless they have a smaller more affordable bottle.  I may go for the Josie Maran brand because I found a bottle more in my price range

Have you tried argan oil and if so, what do you think about it?

 

**UPDATE**  I won a Creme of Nature Shine Pack through a twitter contest so here's my opportunity to review their new line and give my two cents!!  Also I just realized my Shea Moisture DT Masque has argan oil in addition to shea butter and while I do love it as a leave-in I won't go so far as to say that I love argan oil because I haven't tried it on it's own yet.

1 comment:

  1. naturally uk8/4/10, 2:27 PM

    Oooh! I have bever heard of this oil truth be told! but now I am intersted. I am going on my summer hols to Morocco in a few weeks- I now have a mission!!!
    Jah Bless

    ReplyDelete