8.02.2010

Product Review: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque (Part 2)

So a little while back I tried out Shea Moisture's deep treatment masque as a deep conditioner and well let's just say I wasn't sold.  Aside from the smell it didn't do too much for me.  The label claims that aside from a DC it can be used as a leave-in "as a frizz-free moisturizing styling cream."  Since it didn't impress me as the deep conditioner I intended it to be and there's no way I was just gonna toss or trade it unless I was absolutely sure it didn't work, I decided to try it as a leave-in yesterday.  BINGO! That's better. I kinda had such faith in Shea Moisture that I couldn't believe that one of their products wasn't for me.  You would think they're paying me but honestly I like it that much.  My hair feels well moisturized without feeling greasy.  Usually I'll twist my hair with SM Coconut-Hibiscus Smoothie and shealoe but this time, no need for the shealoe.  If I can use less products and reduce build-up, I'm with it.  As I write this my hair's twisted with just this Masque a little ORS Lock and Twist Gel (which I have a AGrlCanMac and Mahogany Knots to thank because so far, great hold, no flakes) and sealed with JBCO.

It feels great right now but we'll see how it turns out and hopefully get some pics in because I've been slacking in that department.

2 comments:

  1. Really? I may give it a try. I havent jumped on the SM train yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marcysuburbs8/3/10, 10:36 AM

    You should. I really don't read too much about anyone having with their products (white flakes or greasiness) unless they're heavy handed. A little seems to go a long way

    ReplyDelete